HAYS COUNTY BURN BAN
Posted on Sep 4th, 2020
General Requirements for Outdoor Burning:
- 300 feet from any structure on adjacent properties.
- Smoke must not create a nuisance to neighbors or traffic.
- Winds less than 23 mph.
- Burning allowed one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset. All fires, smoke, and smoldering must be completely out overnight.
- Must be continually supervised by a responsible adult.
- Must have a means to control and extinguish the fire (water hose, buckets, tanks, tractor, shovels, etc.).
- You may only burn natural materials (tree limbs, branches, brush, leaves, grass, etc.).
- You may never burn trash, garbage, construction materials, tires, rubber, plastic, hydrocarbons, fiberglass, asbestos, hazardous materials, processes materials, lumber, etc..
- Have a means to call 911, know your address, have your address clearly posted and have access for the Fire Department (gate unlocked, etc).
- Keep your burn pile small and then feed more material into it as it burns down.